Guatemala is an exceptional destination for its cultural diversity and microclimates. It has been considered as one of the 19 mega diverse countries in the world. Ideal to enjoy its modern cities, colonial cities, living culture, archaeological sites and exuberant nature.
Guatemala has a privileged climate. It can be visited at any time of year. Its average temperature is 22 degrees Celsius. It has two seasons: the rainy season from May to October and the dry season from November to April. The average temperature of Highlands regions is 18.3 Cº (Fº 64.9), on the coast is 25.3 Cº (Fº 77). The regular temperature of Guatemala City is 19 Cº (Fº 66.2)
Central American citizens can get to Guatemala with their Certificate of Neighbourhood, unique identity card or passport. European people and US nationals do not need visas. www.migracion.gob.gt consult for other nationalities. www.migracion.gob.gt.
All rates have included the value added tax (IVA) of 12%. This tax may be already included in your airline ticket. Check with your agency.
Electrical appliances operate at 110 volts, and throughout Central America. In most hotels have converters, in case you need one.
Travelers from Spain are not required any mandatory vaccine, although we recommend to consult in every international vaccination centers.
You should not drink water from the pipe and it is preferable to avoid the undercooked foods. Because of its altitude, the capital is free of tropical diseases. You may suffer from altitude sickness in volcanic and mountainous Highlands.
- Check your passport expiration date, it must be at least 6 months in advance.
- One piece of baggage not exceeding 35 pounds. We recommend packing according to the airline specifications.
- Put an identification tag to your luggage to be registered at the time of your trip with your name, address and telephone number.
- It is allowed to carry hand luggage if it does not exceed size limits recommended by most airlines. Avoid carrying items that are not allowed and that could force you to drop them before boarding your flight.
- When traveling on business, it is recommended to distribute your belongins in both bags in case of loss.
- Bring in the handbag travel the necessary paperwork with emergency phone numbers, and your medicines.
- For any eventuality, we suggest you take a photocopy of your passport.
- For convenient exchange, we suggest having denomination dollar bills between 1-50 in good condition (not stained, broken or bent).
- In Guatemala most credit or debit cards are accepted and identification will be required for transactions (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cirrus). Ensure to carry only the cards intended for travel, and avoid carrying those that will not be necessary.
WELCOME TO LA AURORA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- At the Aurora International Airport you will find our staff waiting for you at the airport exit, carrying a yellow sign indicating passengers name. You must approach them and introduce yourself. They will give you instructions to board the PTP Mundo Maya transport.
- Our driver is authorized to wait a maximum time of 30 minutes, from landing flight. In case of lost luggage, we suggest approaching the airport exit and report to our staff so they will know you are still in and they will wait for you.
- We suggest not to exchange money inside the airport as you will receive less amount of quetzales (legal Guatemala currency), for every US dollar you provide. The current exchange rate is between Q7.50 to Q7.75.
- For passenger convenience, you can exchange money (most immediate) at the hotel. There are also ATMs where you can withdraw Quetzales with your credit card or debit card. You can make payments with credit or debit cards in most stores in Guatemala (restaurants, shopping centers, souvenir shops, etc.). It is important not to lose sight of your personal documents and credit cards or debit cards when making transactions and ensure they are returned.
- We suggest you to get familiar with your safety box located in each hotel room to save money, passport and important paperwork. If you need any support, consult the frontdesk.